Meet our team.
There is a problem; supplemental vitamin needs are not being addressed with most cancer patients. Doctors are focused on treating and curing cancer and there is no one product that solves the problem so it becomes complex in an already complex field. This is why we formed our expert Research Team. To carefully and thoughtfully design supplements that support and improve the wellbeing of cancer patients. Meet our Research Team.
Dr. Mark Marinella MD FACP
In addition to his long term commitment to oncology, Dr. Marinella has demonstrated a passion for health and healing. In particular, through his writings and research in the areas of plant based foods as it relates to cancer. His knowledge in these areas has greatly advanced the development of SafeVite.
- Practicing Oncologist, Dayton Physicians ,LLC, Dayton, OH
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Certified Nutrition Support Physician (CNSP), 2001-2011
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, inducted 1993
- Chair, Oncology Committee, Miami Valley Hospital , Dayton, OH
- Medical Director, Oncology Clinic, Five Rivers Health Center, Dayton, OH
- Author of seven books including: Handbook of Cancer Emergencies (2010), Tarascon Oncologica (2011) both published by Jones and Bartlett Metronomic Phytonutrition: how daily, regular intake of plant-based foods may decrease cancer risk”. Beacon Publishing. 2017
- First author of over 100 articles in medical literature
Dr. Satheesh Kathula MD FACP
In addition to his commitment to oncology, Dr. Kathula has consistently focused his efforts contributing to his professional community and his patients. The vast volume of data he has gathered within his field has been a contributing factor in the discovery, research and development of SafeVite.
- Partner Physician, Dayton Physicians, LLC
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
- Fellow of American College of Physicians
- Author of several articles in peer reviewed journals and book chapters
- Designer, medical software applications
- Member, Board of Trustees, American Association of Physicians from Indian Origin- 2014-2017
- Chair, Oncology Track- Indo-US Health Summit, Hyderabad, India 2012
- Chairman, Pathfinder Institute of Pharmacy Education and Research, Warangal, India- Since 2007
- Conducted several medical camps and medical seminars in USA and India.
- Adviser, Pfizer multi-culture centre for excellence
Dr. Josh Cox PharmD
After coming over a decade ago to one of the larger oncology practices in the US, he has been extremely helpful in focusing on cancer specific medications including their risks and side effects. His knowledge in drug interactions including vitamins has been invaluable in formulating SafeVite.
- Undergraduate Pharmacy Degree from Ohio State
- Doctorate of Pharmacy from University of Florida
- Director of Pharmacy – Dayton Physicians Network 2009 – Present
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist 2005 – Present
- Practicing Pharmacist, Kettering Physician Network
Dr. John Haluschak MD
A medical oncologist who started treating cancer patients in 1991 and from his earliest days had an interest in the genetics and preventative aspects of cancer. Dr. Haluschak has been a driving force in the discovery and development of SafeVite.
- Previous President of a Ohio County Medical Society
- Previous Chief of Staff at a large tertiary Ohio Hospital
- Serves on the medical faculty at Wright State University
- Associate Principle Investigator at a community NCI designated cancer research program
- Member of the practice guideline institutional network at American Society of Clinical Oncology