Our team of wellness experts.
The 4CancerWellness team has joined together with an open minded and focused vision to improve the wellness of patients lives beyond diagnosis and treatment.
MEET OUR PARTNER PROS
Cancer Wellness Experts
Elizabeth A. Delaney - DNP, RN, CNS, FNP-BC, ONC, ACHPN4CancerWellness Chief Nursing Officer & Vice President of Supportive Services Oncology Certified Nurse, Family Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse
Elizabeth loves to help people, especially people with a cancer diagnosis and their significant others. As an advanced practice nurse leader for over 30 years, she has been blessed to have had a front row seat at the many advances in the world of oncology.
Elizabeth is dedicated to taking her experience in the inpatient, outpatient, and academic oncology settings to see how oncology health care professionals can add purposeful, consistent and evidence-based holistic health/wellness interventions to core cancer treatment.
“My sincere hope is at 4CW we provide the core cancer team with opportunities for gap filling, consistent, credible, researched supportive services endorsed by the proper healthcare entities in the form of a trusted collaborator to help people with cancer feel and do better.”
Beth obtained her Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from The Ohio State University.
Karen Tripp - M.S., L.M.F.T.Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Karen is the Executive Director of Cancer Companions, a ministry that brings prayer, scripture and connection to cancer patients and their loved ones. Her roles have included author of Christian books (i.e. God is Bigger Than Your Cancer) and having a father who is a colon cancer survivor. Karen has used her experience to teach how to step into another person’s struggle to help build their faith while strengthening your own.
“4CancerWellness has created an unprecedented improvement in the quality of holistic care for the cancer community. I am thrilled to be on the 4CancerWellness team.”
Karen obtained her Master’s degree from the University of Miami Florida.
Karen Wonders - PH.D., FACSMFellow of the American College of Sports Medicine
Karen has been an active researcher in the field of exercise oncology since 2003 and is committed to advocating for exercise to be part of the standard of care in cancer treatment. To this end, she founded and serves as CEO of Maple Tree Cancer Alliance, and serves thousands of patients around the globe each year through her exercise programs. Karen is a full time professor at Wright State University and Program Director of the Exercise Science Program. Karen has developed a strong, evidenced-based exercise oncology program that will serve the 4CancerWellness clients.
“I am committed to advocating for exercise to be a part of the national standard of cancer care.”
Karen obtained her PH.D in Exercise Physiology from the University of Northern Colorado.
Kelly Nelson - MS, RDN, CSO, LDRegistered and Licensed Oncology Dietitian
After choosing oncology as her area of interest in her internship, Kelly has had the privilege to work in the specialty of oncology for 28 years. Certified as a Specialist in Oncology Nutrition, Kelly continues to keep her knowledge of oncology and nutrition current.
Working in both pediatric and adult oncology, she has assisted hundreds of people receiving chemotherapy, radiation therapy, bone marrow transplants, and palliative care to improve their nutritional status, treatment tolerance, quality of life, and survival. This continues to be her goal at 4CancerWellness.
“My dream is for everyone with cancer to have access to the support services needed to make their treatment journey less stressful and have an improved quality of life.”
Kelly obtained her Master’s degree in Medical Dietetics from The Ohio State University.
Blake Schunk - M.B.A, MTCA EOIMaple Tree Cancer Alliance Exercise Oncology Instructor
Blake’s continuous passion for health and longevity have played impactful roles in leading him to this opportunity with 4CancerWellness.
“I want to help each and every client become the best version of themselves by simply making small steps of progress, one day at a time through simple variations of daily movement.”
Blake obtained his Master’s of Business Administration degree from Lipscomb University.
MEET OUR FOUNDERS
Dr. John HaluschakMD
John is a delegate to the Ohio State Medical Association, a member of American Society of Clinical Oncology Practice Guideline Implementation Network and the National Cancer Institute through the community cancer research program.
“Over 30 years of caring for cancer patients, I understand the absolute importance of quality of life balanced with improved cure rates all while ‘surviving well’. Because of this, I have always had a keen interest in preventing cancer by utilizing genetic information and incorporating lifestyle changes. We need to be better at addressing cancer treatment toxicities while providing the resources cancer patients deserve. It is time for holistic care approach.”
Dr. Satheesh KathulaMD FACP DiplABLM
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
- Board certified Oncologist and Hematologist
- Diplomate in American Board of Lifestyle Medicine
- Fellow of American College of Physicians
- Author of several articles in peer reviewed journals and book chapters
- Organized, moderated, and spoke at several international oncology conferences.
- Designer, medical software applications
- Chairman, Pathfinder Institute of Pharmacy Education and Research, Warangal, India since 2007
Dr. Josh CoxPHARMD
- Undergraduate Pharmacy Degree from Ohio State
- Doctorate of Pharmacy from University of Florida
- Director of Pharmacy – Dayton Physicians Network 2009 – Present
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist 2005 – Present
- Practicing Pharmacist, Dayton Physicians Network
Dr. Mark MarinellaMD FACP
- Practicing Oncologist, Dayton Physicians, LLC, Dayton, OH
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Certified Nutrition Support Physician (CNSP), 2001–2011
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, inducted 1993
- Chair, Oncology Committee, Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton, OH
- Medical Director, Oncology Clinic, Five Rivers Health Center, Dayton, OH
- Author of seven books including: Handbook of Cancer Emergencies (2010), Tarascon Oncologica (2011) both published by Jones and Bartlett; Metronomic Phytonutrition: how daily, regular intake of plant-based foods may decrease cancer risk, Beacon Publishing (2017)
- First author of over 100 articles in medical literature